CrossFit is specifically defined as constantly varied, functional movements which are executed at a high intensity.
- Be prepared for the unexpected.
- Become better at life, everywhere, at anytime for any duration in any environment.
- Specialize in not specializing.
- Strengthen your weaknesses.
- Natural evolutionary movements, essential to independent living.
- Safe and compound (uses more than one muscle group).
- Encompass core to extremity extension.
- Have the ability to move large loads, long distances quickly and have the ability to produce power.
- Intensity that can be measured.
- Intensity is relative to the individual.
- Everything is scalable.
- By scaling load and intensity, CrossFit allows athletes of varying skill and strength to complete the same program.
- You will not lift weights beyond your level.
- You will not perform movements beyond your skill set.
In CrossFit, you are considered an athlete training not only for a better body but also for a better life.